Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Last Night's Run

I had a good run last night after work. I usually run during lunch, but my planned 10-miler was pushing the usual lunch break boundaries. Instead, I got started at around 6:30 PM at the 5-mile marker on the Boulder Creek Path.

I must admit, I love running on the Creek Path. It's cool and often shady next to the creek, you have the option of pavement or (usually) a dirt singletrack, the scenery and people-watching are both excellent, and there are no cars. As a bonus, there are mile markers all the way down.

The path winds its way along the creek, climbing gradually the whole way, for more than five miles before depositing you at Eben Fine Park at the west end of town. If desired, you may continue another four miles up Boulder Canyon on dirt.

My run was simple. Run to the park (mile marker zero) and turn around. The great thing about starting in East Boulder is that you get a nice downhill all the way back. It makes getting negative splits almost too easy.

I felt better and better as the run progressed. I did my six 20-second strides and they felt smooth and controlled. I was tired and extremely hungry by the time I got home, though. I had a huge dinner, watched a little TV, and hit the sack early.

No comments: