Saturday, May 5, 2007

Weekly Run Totals

I'm in Steamboat Springs this weekend for a wedding. After the 4-hour drive I decided to go for a short recovery run just to loosen up the legs a bit.

There's a nice path along the Yampa River that goes straight through town for five miles or so. I only had 25 minutes to run before getting ready for the wedding, but it's a nice area and I'd love to come back and run the whole path sometime.

Here is a summary of my running this week:

Sunday - 11.4 miles easy
Monday - off
Tuesday - 6.9 miles, including a 5k race in 20:11, plus warmup/cooldown
Wednesday - 6.8 miles, with 3x1600 at T-pace, plus 4x100 strides
Thursday - off
Friday - 6.7 miles, with 5x1000 in 3:55 with 3-min recoveries
Saturday - 2.7 miles at recovery pace
TOTAL - 34.5 miles

It was a good, hard week, and with today's run it's the most I've run in a week all year. In fact, it's the most I've run since my marathon a year ago. Also, my race on Tuesday was only 11 seconds off my all-time PR at the 5k distance. So far (knock on wood) I'm injury-free and feeling pretty good.

No comments: