Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Race Photos

Here are my Brightroom.com photos from the race. I definitely had a look of pain on my face at the end!

I competed in the "Ultimate Mountain Challenge" at the Teva Mountain Games in Vail over the weekend. It's a multi-sport event that combines four races over two days: a downriver kayak race, a mountain bike race, a 10k trail running race, and a road bike hill climb up Vail Pass. It was an awesome experience and I completely thrashed my body, but I loved it.

As a bonus, I got to race against Tour de France winner Floyd Landis! He was doing the Mountain Challenge as part of a team, and Floyd competed in the two biking events. [results]

Selected photos... Start of the kayak race on Gore Creek Me feeling exhausted starting the 3rd lap of the MTB race Floyd! At the start of the 10k trail race Time trial hill climb start Floyd again -- he started 26 minutes after me, so lucky he didn't pass me!

No comments: